News Flash Home
The original item was published from 1/19/2015 3:25:00 PM to 1/20/2015 10:45:45 AM.
Inmate Rules & Regulations
Posted on: January 19, 2015
[ARCHIVED] Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
- The Price County Jail will comply with the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA). PREA is a Federal law established to address the elimination and prevention of sexual assault and rape in correctional systems.
- Any inmate in the Price County Jail who believes they have been sexually assaulted or harassed or has knowledge of such acts, shall report this violation in the following manner:
- The inmate shall report the violation to any Officer or other staff member directly.
- In case of sexual assault, the inmate will be instructed not to shower or wash until examined by medical staff.
- If the inmate is not comfortable with this reporting option, they may request a complaint form from any Officer. The inmate will make their complaint and have it sealed and sent directly to the Jail Administrator for review.
- The inmate will be asked to provide a written account of the accusations listing any facts the inmate wants to be considered.
- False reports or allegations may result in discipline and potential prosecution.
- Upon receiving a report of alleged sexual misconduct, the Jail Administrator will initiate the necessary investigation and notify the appropriate parties as required.