A complete assessment of medical, mental health and drug/alcohol information will be obtained during each inmate's initial booking.
- Medical services for Price County inmates are provided exclusively by Correctional Healthcare Companies (CHC).
- Inmates may request an appointment with the Jail nurse or doctor. Inmates will be charged $5 per nurse visit and $10 per doctor visit.
- In case of an emergency medical problem, contact the on duty Jail Officer.
- If an inmate believes he/she is in need of non-emergency health care, he/she must complete a Request Form to see the nurse or doctor. A brief description of the medical issue and/or any symptoms should be included on the back of the Request Form.
- All medications, medical treatments and emergency dental care shall be paid by the individual inmate; unless declared indigent. Payments will be deducted from the inmate's Trust Account.
- Price County reserves the right to pursue the reimbursement of medical and dental bills incurred by indigent inmates while incarcerated in the Price County Jail per Wisconsin State Statutes 302.38 and 302.372(5).
- Prescription medications will be delivered by staff at designated times. Inmates must take their medications with water. Inmates will be required to show the Officer that they have ingested the medication appropriately (i.e. opening mouth, lifting tongue, showing empty hand, etc.).
- Inmates (or inmate's family) are encouraged to bring in their own prescription medications. Prescription medications must be current and in the original prescription container.
- CHC has an approved medication list. If an inmate's medication is not on this list, they may not be able to take it while incarcerated.
- Prescription medications will be provided by order of a CHC medical professional and packaged by a designated pharmacy.
- Request Slips for "as needed" prescription medication may be turned in at any time.
- Inmates may request OTC acetaminophen (Tylenol) or antacid tablets (Tums) up to three times weekly. The fee for this will be collected from an inmate's Trust Account.
- Any other OTC medications (i.e. ibuprofen, Aleve, Milk of Magnesia) requests must be submitted to the Jail nurse.
- All medications for mental health issues must be approved by the Jail medical staff.
- Counseling appointments for mental health issues must be pre-approved by the Jail Administrator.
- Weekly meetings for Alcoholics Anonymous are available for Minimum and Medium Security inmates. AA guidebooks are available as a Library item for all inmates.
- The Jail medical staff provides care for emergency dental issues.
- All requests for dental care should be submitted to the Jail medical staff.
- Inmates with Huber privileges may make dental appointments with their regular dentist if approved by the Jail medical staff and the Jail Administrator.