Project Purpose and Need
This project is for the application and engineering design services of Bridge #B-50-0006; through the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Local STP Bridge Program. This structure will be designed using the replace-in-kind approach. This project will request state funding under the STP Local Bridge Program, however this Request for Proposals for consultant services will be 100% local funding.
Complete bridge replacement and associated approach work
The successful consultant will need to complete and deliver all tasks associated with the project including application, administration, survey, agency and utility coordination, municipal coordination, public involvement, environmental document, right of way plat, design reports, preliminary and final plans, and final PS&E, all in conformance with WisDOT guidelines and applicable Wisconsin State Statutes.
Schedule for Deliverables
The current scheduled WisDOT application deadline is October 15, 2021; however, Price County is requiring application submittal to WisDOT by September 1, 2021. The schedule for other deliverables will be determined when the two-party design engineering services contract is negotiated and awarded.
- As-built plans, if available
Consultant Minimum Requirements
- Proven success and experience with similar projects in rural bridge design
- Project management skills
- Experience in WisDOT FDM and PS&E process
- Familiarity with WisDOT right of way plat and TPP process
- Public involvement
- Survey capabilities and equipment
- Experience in constructability reviews
- Ability to complete project within given timeline on budget
This project may be funded by and if so, managed under the WisDOT Local Bridge Program by the WisDOT North Central Region. The selected consultant shall follow the design standards and procedures set by the Department under the replace-in-kind criteria.
Eligible firms interested in submitting a proposal must include the following items:
- Minimum of three reference projects of similar size and scope with costs
- List of key staff assigned to proposed project
- Lump sum cost for design and deliverables
- Unit cost summary for construction management in accordance with WisDOT standards
Questions regarding this RFP may be directed to Joe Baratka, Highway Commissioner, at 715-339-3081 Ext. 2, email@example.com, or by USPS at PO Box 169, Phillips, WI 54555.