Have you ever wondered what you would do if you were suddenly attacked? Are you prepared both mentally and physically? Can you recognize pre-attack signs from an aggressor, whether the aggressor is someone you know and love or a complete stranger?
These are questions we all should ask ourselves on a regular basis. We should be regularly trying to improve ourselves both mentally and physically. In conjunction with the Price County Health Alliance, the Price County Sheriff's Office is proud to offer a free personal defense course for community citizens.
- Discuss/Demonstrate pre-attack postures/cues
- Demonstrate close quarter defense tactics
- Demonstrate close quarter escape tactics
- Discuss/Demonstrate signs of an aggressor picking targets in public
- Demonstrate turning our natural startle/flinch response into a human weapon
This course is designed to give participants knowledge of their own personal defense systems. Anticipate a fun atmosphere and enjoyably paced training. Wear comfortable athletic clothing, and be ready to engage and be engaged.
This course is offered every Monday in June from 5:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. and will be held at the Price County Sheriff's Office.Class size is limited to 16 registrants.